Workday Rising 2019 is less than 2 months away and there is so much to look forward to! Here are 5 ways to make the most of your time and have some fun in Orlando, from sightseeing and having a taste of Orlando’s restaurant scene, to networking and enjoying keynote speaker sessions at Workday Rising:
1. Enjoy Top Restaurants in the Area
For our foodies in the group, Orlando has a variety of cuisines ranging from Thai to American to Cuban. These restaurants are some highly-rated hot spots that you must try, and best of all, they’re only a short drive away from the convention center!
2. Be Inspired by Keynote Speakers
Workday will have some impressive and inspiring keynote speakers at this year’s Workday Rising conference. You’ll recognize most of their names and won't want to miss the entertainment and insight they’ll offer. Some speakers to look out for are:
- Jerry Seinfeld -- A stand-up comedian, actor, writer, producer, and director.
- Aneel Bhusri -- The co-founder and CEO of Workday, Inc.
- Lin Manuel-Miranda -- A composer, lyricist, rapper, singer, actor, playwright, and producer famously known for creating and starring in the Broadway musicals In the Heights and Hamilton.
- Soledad O’Brien -- A broadcast journalist and executive producer. Since 2015, she has been the host of Matter of Fact with Soledad O’Brien.
3. Sightsee Outside of the Convention Center
If you want to make the most out of your trip on a time crunch, visit these fun destinations that are only minutes away from the convention center! Remember to bring some friends or colleagues to enjoy the experience with you.
- The Wheel at ICON Park towers over Orlando at 400 feet tall and gives an amazing view of Central Florida.
- Fun Spot America is a great place to unwind with rollercoasters, bumper cars, and arcade games.
- The Orlando Starflyer is the “world’s tallest swing ride” standing at 450 feet tall!
4. Network Like a Pro at Workday Rising
Networking means putting your best foot forward and creating genuine relationships. Here are some tips on how to tackle networking in the Workday community.
- Express interest in others and ask questions: In order to build genuine relationships and connections it’s vital to make the other party feel important. Inquire about hobbies, passions, and interests instead of asking “Where are you from?”
- Take notes about your conversation: After a conversation, take some time to write down a few notes on your phone or a business card. Jot down key points about the other person and what you can help each other with.
- Stay in touch: Reach out periodically to the people you meet and see how they’re doing. A good way to stay in contact is through social media platforms such as LinkedIn, Instagram, and Twitter.
5. Stay the Weekend for a True Orlando Experience
If you’re in Orlando the weekend before or after Workday Rising, take some time to visit key tourist attractions in the area.
- The Wizarding World of Harry Potter spans Universal Orlando’s two theme parks! Follow in the footsteps of Harry Potter as you explore the inside of Hogwarts and try some butterbeer!
- Madame Tussauds is home to the life-size wax replicas of famous celebrities, historical icons, and movie characters.
- Lake Eola is located in the heart of Downtown Orlando and is a great place to relax after a busy yet productive day.
Read our latest information and events below!